Hey guys, guess what? It’s the first Friday of summer! The days might be longer, but the book reviews aren’t. Fifteen words or less, here we go!
1. Harold!: Photographs from the Harold Washington Years by Antonio Dickey (Photographs), Antonio Dickey, Marc PoKempner (Photographs), Ron Dorfman (Editor)
Helped with this one when I was an intern. Really interesting Chicago history, great photographs.
2. I Was a Teenage Fairy by Francesca Lia Block
Read this one a lot in high school. Knew “androgynous” on the SATs because of this.
3. Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard
Freaked me out as a kid. Didn’t like the teacher getting “replaced” by someone scary.
4. The Story of the Sea (Childcraft: the How and Why Library #7) by World Book-Childcraft International
Have I mentioned I love the ocean and sea creatures?
5. The Baby-Sitters Club: Friends Forever : The Movie by A.L. Singer, Ann M. Martin
A novelization of the movie based on the book series. Of course I read it.