Lots of great links to take you into the weekend:
- Libba Bray has a touching post in response to the Aurora shootings. “We have love. We have empathy and compassion. We have the ability not to be lost to the undertow of violence and terror.”
- AC Gaughen looks at author responsibility for young female readers.
- In case the Olympics don’t give you enough athletic excitement, the Horn Book suggests these sports-themed books.
- Talent is great, but successful writing is all about getting the work done. Forever.
- Lots of excellent posts about digital rights and how to blog/share content appropriately.
- Are you going to the National Book Festival in September? (If so, blog about it so I can live vicariously!)
- Great look at the crossover between YA and adult lit, and what these labels mean for readers.
- In case you’re worried that your beach read isn’t literary enough.