Ending the week on lots of great links:
- Now that LCD Soundsystem is no more, James Murphy is working on a novel. I like him as a musician, so I’m curious to see his fiction.
- Are YA covers that different from teen magazines in terms of what kind of messages we’re sending to readers about body image?
- How long is too long for your novel? Author Maggie Stiefvater to the rescue!
- Rule #1 of getting people to follow you: be cool, not desperate.
- Mallory looks back at The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, aka one of the coolest MG novels in the history of ever.
- Although this list isn’t strictly YA, it still makes me think “I need to immediately reread all of these books.” Love these girl characters!
- An arresting article about The Hunger Games, sexual assault, and finding strength in survival.